Nav Container


Utility Container

Search Trigger (Container)

Button (Container)

Mobile Menu Trigger (container)

Off Canvas Navigation Container

Close Trigger (container)

Search

History

Be part of the history of Los Angeles.

The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary founded Ramona Convent Secondary School in 1889 as a boarding and day school in what is now Alhambra, a suburb of Los Angeles, where James de Barth Shorb had given them 15 acres of land. It was at the urging of his daughter, Edith, who did not like being sent far away to Oakland for her schooling, and his realization of the growing need of Catholic education for his own family and the neighboring rancheros, that Mr. Shorb donated the land and invited the Sisters to build a school.

READ MORE OF RAMONA'S HISTORY